Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Friends List

Hi Everyone, This is Sibyl,

I found a quote on my SilverVixens website
I want to share:

Don't ask yourself what the world needs;  ask
yourself what makes you come alive.  And then,
go and do that; because what the world needs
is people who have come alive -Howard Thurman

I am at sixes and sevens today as I pack some things.
I will soon go home to handle yearend business and 
medical issues.  Stephi still needs me but she 
understands my life, home, work, friends, Board 
obligations and stupid HMO need me in Maine before
 year's end.  We are working out a schedule for my 
monthly visits to make sure she is getting what she 
needs.  And, of course, I am only a phone call and 
a SW ticket away if things turn sour, at any time.  

As Stephi and I talk every day when I am in Maine,
the blog will continue until she is cured of this
horrible cancer, or I run out of things to say.
Amen Please Jesus on the first, and not bloody 
likely on the second part of that sentence.

We are making up a call sheet of friends who 
welcome a call from Steph when she has needs 
she cannot meet herself.  I am getting in
touch with a number of folks to make sure they want
to be on this list.  It may involve picking up a few 
groceries if her back is really bad to just having 
someone to talk with if she is down.  If I do not call you 
in the next few days and you want to help, please call 
Stephi's home or call my cell: 207 450 2297.

Love,
Sib

No comments: