Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Stephi has started Chemotherapy this morning

Hi Everyone, Sibyl Here,
Just a few minutes ago as we were talking, Stephi received her first Chemotherapy
pills. Her pharmacist commented that Stephi's doctor is not messing with this and that,
He has pulled out the Big Guns-Revlimid-the most effective drug available, along with the steroids and is aggressively attacking the cancer. Stephi was really upbeat and optimistic
after that conversation. Let's everyone pray this starts her toward REMISSION.
Love,
Sib

2 comments:

Sibyl Masquelier said...

All Me

One night when the lawn was a sequined black chemise

and the piebald moonlit trees clicked like cool marbles

in the decorous air, and the whole condominium complex buzzed

with the rumor of my latest award, I lay in the grass

feeling the enormity of pretty much everything, sensing

the cool aroma of serene largess of spirit

which wafted up from every part of my long body,

and as the tall maples like dedicated sentinels

watched over my astonishing calmness I breathed in the night,

and the moon stared down at me without blinking,

while the entire scene became a kind of nightgown

for my soul to wear in the king-sized bed of thought;

and, as I lay there very quietly, all by myself,

with no cell phone, because what had my number was

the stars, also the moon, not to mention a drifting cloud,

and I was not bothered by the murmer of bugs

rubbing their little legs or whatever, because

my spirit was so large and relaxed, and I felt

the incredible bigness of, you know, all that sky

way way up there and I wondered like what would happen

to me, me, in the ultimate scheme of things,

and then for a second I just felt so handsome,

it is something beyond what ordinary words can say, and it seemed

the whole universe was basically
me,

so that even if I was getting older I could never vanish

because how can the universe vanish? So then

the night was a dark sea and I was the beach,

or I was the night and the earth was the strand,

or both, and I heard my name whispered

as if by the cicadas or Catherine Deneuve or a steady drizzle

as though the whole everything knew me through and through,

"Mark, Mark, You're fine," and I fell asleep.


-mark halliday

Anonymous said...

"Big Guns" Nothing but the best for our Steph...Love, Mary