Hi Everyone This is Sibyl,
Stephi was able to produce 300,000 stemcells
today. Her total is 4.12 million. This afternoon
the doctor told us 5 million is what they strive
for but 4 million is the minimum for 2 BMT.
So Stephi made it by the hairs on her chinny chin
chin. This came at a price. When the 6 hour
pheresis was over, Steph's potassium and magnesium
levels dropped drastically. When we finished at
KU Hospital in Kansas City, we had to rush out to
KU Cancer Center in Westport so that she could
be hooked up for a four hour transfusion. She has
been very sick today and quite weak. We just got home,
I can safely relate we are both fried. When I called Stephi's
husband at his assisted living facility to keep him informed,
I felt the truth had upset him. So, once Stephi was hooked up,
I drove over to Prairie Village to bring him to her. He
was much relieved and grateful to be with 'his girl' while
she recovered. Stephi was told her resistance is
extremely low, and her clotting is not at all up to snuff,
so she is not to go anywhere for the next five days and
avoid contact with anyone who may have a cold. On
Tuesday, June 17 she is being admitted to KU Hospital
for massive doses of Chemo and the Bone Marrow Transplant.
She will be in the hospital a minimum of three weeks. She will
be in the isolated BMT wing on the fourth floor. She is allowed
two visitors at a time but all visitors will have to adher to
the BMT guidelines of sanitation, wear gloves and booties
and be in good health. No children under 16 are allowed to visit.
Once she is home, the same guidelines will be in effect for an
additional month, except as long as children are in good health
and will wear mask, booties and sanitize, They may visit her.
Stephi really wants to see her grandchildren.
It has taken her since February to get to this step. May things
start working more to plan now that this hurdle has been jumped
please Lord.
Human Growth Hormone was the key turning point for Stephi,
and we are so grateful the experiment worked. Steph
is happy this is over and is looking forward to losing the 15
pounds HGH put on her in 5 days. I am going to be happy to
experience my sister's presence rather than the PMS teenager
she has been for the last two days. I cannot believe
Sylvester Stallone and Nick Nolte take HGH illegally to
"Stay Young". They must drive their families nuts.
Stephi is going to have her 60th birthday while she is
in hospital isolation (July 5) so I asked her today to think of
a day this fall when she would like to celebrate - probably
between transplants- and I will throw the party.
We are sleeping in LATE tomorrow.
Love,
Sib


No comments:
Post a Comment