Thursday, February 7, 2008
Problems Swallowing/Foundations
Hi Everyone, Sibyl Here,
Stephi's pain in her back remains constant,
and the involvement of rib cage pain
is difficult. Her spirits have been
dragging a little but for the most part
she has been engaged in our conversations.
What is concerning me this week is her
difficulty in swallowing. If you have talked
with her, the gasping is not from running
or being out of breath but from this
swallowing disorder. If it is still a problem today,
I am going to ask if she can see her doctor again.
It is as though she has persistent hiccups. I am
looking for some brassieres that will not bind or
irritate her ribs (of her ten Myeloma hot spots,
the ribs are most painful). If she had my weight,
anything touching her ribs through the other layers
would not be an issue. But, no, our Steph is a Babe,
and there are no protective layers.
Thank you so much, Phaedra, for going to your aunt.
Stephi is so excited you are coming this weekend.
Stephi started yoga this week. The woman who is
coming to her home lost her mom to Multiple Myeloma
and her dad to Alzheimers so she is gentle with Stephi
and Ken. I hope you meet Victoria (Stephi's helper),
when you are there. Please encourage Stephi to spend
her money on herself and her comfort and her peace
of mind. She spoke again yesterday about the concern
she has about spending the daily rate on Victoria who
helps with housework, goes shopping and to the doctor's
with Steph and Ken whenever Stephi asks but basically
'plays' (picture albums, music, TV) with Stephi and
laughs with her. Maybe I am nuts, but that sounds pretty
damned good to me. Stephi needs a companion other than
her unfortunate, not-always-mentally-there, husband.
Tell me if I am off base on this expenditure. Besides
being there to express your own love and concern,
you are my eyes and ears.
Okay,
All Sisters, All Girl Cousins, Daughters and Girlfriends:
Send me ideas and leads on Brassieres that are easy on the ribs!
If you have an Internet link, please forward it so I can speed
the help to Stephi Jo. Thanks!
Love,
Sib


No comments:
Post a Comment