Friday, December 14, 2007

Another Pain Filled Night

Hi everyone, Sibyl Here,

Stephi cannot seem to get ahead on the pain medication. This latest myeloma in her ribs is relentless. She could not sleep last night. My having to leave is not helping. I am at the Kansas City airport right now waiting for my Continental flight to Newark and then back to Portland, Maine tonight. I will not be able to talk with her this afternoon, so please call and just say hello.

I felt so helpless leaving her this way. I would have stayed but I have already arranged a reunion with my daughters (LA and Stockholm, Sweden) and grandchildren in Los Angeles later this week. I have a few things to take care of in Portland (if I can get in and out of the blizzard). I will be back out at Stephie's on Martin Luther King Day.

I am so grateful to those of you who have called and written to Stephi. It means the world to her. She may not take the initiative to call you but she will talk with you if you call (Morning is not good) The other night when her long term friend Janiece called, she was walking on air.
Close on the heels of that, she had a call from our cousin Gar who has the sexiest baritone voice with just the right amount of Tarheel charm, that makes any girl feel better.

Thank you for caring.
Love,
Sib

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all in my thoughts. I hope that Stephi can find some joy through the pain in the Christmas season. Sibyl, I hope you fly safe and have a good visit with Rikki and Phae.

I finished my finals this week and tomorrow is Emily's 8th birthday party. The smell of her chocolate cake baking is drawing back to the kitchen and my cleaning.

With love,
Patricia

Sibyl Masquelier said...

from and email:
Hi Sibyl....I received Stephie's Christmas newsletter today and can't get her out of my mind. Steph and I never communicated regularly but did send cards at Xmas time. I always hoped we could get together again but knew that she probably doesn't have a reason to come back to PA. I run into Charlene about once a year in the spring when we are buying flowers and she told me that she communicates with her more regularly.

I have read the blog and wanted to post a comment but I don't have a Google account nor a blog so I will send her a note the old fashioned way...by mail. You are being a wonderful sister, Sib...just as sisters are supposed to be for each other.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2006...had a mastectomy and did my chemo. While I cannot relate to Stephie's news, I think I can relate a lot more than most as I too have heard that dreaded word myself. I want to reach out to her and do what I can to help her.

I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I am following your blogs and sending up my prayers.

Regards,
Pat



Pat Dillon
pdillon5@msn.com

Sibyl Masquelier said...

Email from family friend Don Sigue who worked for our Dad in McDonald:

Hi Sib

I just got Steph's Christmas card ,I had no idea she was going thru this kind if hell.

I had her phone number but have misplaced it and when I went on line for her number it is no longer listed. It was under S J Masquelier ??


I left you a voice mail on your cell.

Love Don S