Hi everyone. This is Stephi writing for myself today.
Sib is out in Hollywood celebrating and entertaining with her daughter(s), Phaedra and Ricki. Ricki was an international exchange from Sweden who stayed with Sib and Phae 25 years ago. (1982-83 ..I have have brain drain these days.) Any way, Ricki and her husband have 3 boys and they all decided to be together for Christmas. Phae is hosting the family in her apartment and Sib is roughing is out in a hotel.
This cancer is a tricky and devious one. The pain moves around to the 9 areas in my bones that seem to be most affected. The cancer cells grow is the bone marrow squeezing out the red and white blood cell and are therefore pushing against the bone and causing the deep jabbing pain. These cancerous plasma cells can also form tumors within the bone marrow and my doctor is trying to stay ahead of this stage. On Thursday I had a appointment with Dr. Slovick(hematologist and oncologist). The blood tests showed that the M-Protein was down some but not a great deal. He reminded me that it has only been three of the oral chemo and this small decline was a good thing. He did however tell me that this summer I would be going through the high dose chemo that would help me to save and grow my own stem cells. It will also completely wipe out my immune system in order to grow a new one. This is where the plans are vague. I want to go to the best place that does many, many bone marrow transplants and one that has been highly successful with this procedure. For me, this is really scary place because I know I will have to get much sicker to get better.
I try to stay positive and your notes, e-mails, blog comments, and phone calls truly help me. I won't say I never have a bad day but I try to kick those feelings. My friends here in K.C. help to keep me moving forward. I want all of you to know I am so thankful that I have each and every one of you. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I love you all.
Stephi


5 comments:
Steph--
Merry Christmas wishes to you today! It's good to hear your voice even if in a blog! It sounds like the chemo is having an impact. I will be in Santa mode for the next two days but will be thinking of you and praying for your return to health. My intentions at Christmas Eve Mass tonight will be for you!!!
Mary Mc-L
Stephi, Bill Moore here - Sib's OLD friend - she calls me "Freddie". I've been keeping posted by way of your blog but just now figured out how to respond! Duh! Anyhow, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas from myself and all of the Moores. You are in our prayers and I am heartened to hear that the chemo is having some impact for you and will continue to pray for total remission.
Blessings,
Bill Moore
Dearest, dearest Stephi! It has been so many years since we've talked. I received your card and Christmas letter today (Dec 27) and was so sad to hear of your & Ken's health struggles. You simply cannot imagine how often I have thought of you over the years and yearned to see your beautiful face. You and Ken have always been important to me; you were always a safe harbor and I have always loved the two of you for all the care you gave me in my life. I will write you a long letter tonight and update you on my life. Know that you and Ken are in my thoughts and prayers. You will hear from me soon dear, dear Stephie. And please tell Ken I said hello. I hope he remembers me; I will tell you how important he ended up being in my life when I write you! Love and love and more love! Janet Lowe (now Buckingham)
Steph...
I can't tell you how wonderful it was to talk with you recently. I could see your darling face when you spoke as though it were yesterday. You have always been so full of life and lovable, as you will continue to be. Prayers and good thoughts are pouring your way from Texas and all over, I know. We will keep you in our hearts and keep posted for good news as you work so hard through this journey.
Love, Mary Kay
Greetings from soggy Virginia!
Steph,
I am trying to figure out this log thing myself. I have not been receiving Sib's updates. The only way I am able to respond to this is by having Bobby and Bernice and me Sib's blog. You have been in our thoughts and prayers constantly. I ned to let Sib know to try to send us her blog some other way. Yu have a strong faith, determination and will to fight this monster,and you will be the victor. Yes, you will reach the deepest part of the valley, but then the mountain you will begin to climb will be magnificent. 2008 will be a year to celebrate.
We will be in touch with you and will continue to look forward to sharing this journey with you through written word, thoughts, love and prayers. I hold the love of your entire family close to my heart.
Becky
Post a Comment