Hi everyone.
It seems like I have some mountain climbing to do but I will do whatever it takes to get this battle under control. Sib has been staying with Ken and I and she couldn't have come at a better time. My oncologist gave us more information about my cancer being in the third stage which is the last stage for myeloma and that shook us all up; but, we will be charging ahead with the treatment. While Sib was here Ken's sodium levels dropped way off and he had to go into the hospital. Since I can't be around crowds of people, she waited in in the emergency room with him for 7 and 1/2 hours. The waiting room was filled with people who had fallen on the ice and been in car accidents. Thank goodness she is patient and loves me. The doctors are going to keep him in the hospital for a couple of days.
I try to stay positive and not let the pain get the jump on me. Taking the pain killers every 12 hours allows me to cope better with all aspects of the disease and helps me not to get stuck on my having cancer spiraling around in my head. Sib is trying to help me get into some support groups and into a yoga class. She helps me do whatever needs to be done.
Keep me in your thoughts and prayers please. I appreciate all the support you have given me personally and through the blog.
Love,
Stephi


5 comments:
Stephi is a trooper. She is handling this so well.
Everyone has my permission to laugh at the note regarding my patience.
Love,
Sib
The Lord works in mysterious ways -I guess giving Sibyl more patience was a very good thing!! You will be amazed at what else you all will find and get! Miracles do happen and we are all praying for one for you Steffie. We love you and your family.
Hugs and Love,
Joye and Bill
I share my heart and soul with you.You you will walk in the river again. T
Sibyl's friend Michael Millikin sent this:
Human beings come
from the same source.
We are one family.
Ifa part of the body hurts
all parts contract with pain.
If you are not concerned
with another's suffering,
we shall not call you human.
SAADI
It's cheering to read your courageous words, Stephi. I'm so moved to hear about all of your struggles and about Sibyl's late-in-life lessons in patience!
With love,
Patricia
Post a Comment