Hi Everyone, This is Sibyl,
Stephi is feeling pretty good today. The
sun is shining...There is something to
Seasonal Affected Disorder. We
have been horsing around with computers
today with her IT guy so my computer
will hook in upstairs. We experienced some
trouble with the blog earlier today, sorry
if any of you were affected, but I think my
network carrier has it fixed now. We want
to make sure everything is in working order
before we get to the point where the house is to
be an Isolation Zone after Stephi's bone marrow
transplant. We have to get an electrician in here
to fix the stovetop burner which has five settings,
all of them HIGH. I want to wipe down everything
with Lysol to fight this damn flu epidemic.
I am going to stay through this time--waiting for
the bone marrow evaluation-- because travel is risky
for infection and expensive during the Holiday since
I will have to be right back here after Easter. Hey,
anyone need a place to stay in Maine. I know
where there is a nice empty house.
Yesterday, I had the most amazing bit of serendipity.
I was recruiting for one of my editorial searches
when the person I called and I struck up a personal
conversation. She had just come back from caring
for her sister who had a bone marrow transplant
for her lymphoma. This editor, like me, keeps a
blog of her sister's health and progress for far-flung
relatives and friends. So someone else was doing
this before me. There is nothing new under the sun.
I am going to be writing even more over the next week
and a half because our sister Denise will be out of the
country and will be able to access the blog from her
hotel.
Let's hope Stephi keeps up this way.
Love,
Sib


1 comment:
I love all of the special pictures! Also a good feeling to know that you, Sibyl, are there with Stephi. Is there a date for the transplant yet? Recently I had a new granddaughter in Colorado and am moving tomorrow, so hope to be checking in on a more regular basis.
Love you all and always have you in my prayers.
Mary Kay
Post a Comment