Hi Everyone, This is Sibyl,
Our sister, Denise, is going to fly in this
Friday for a long weekend to help prepare,
clean and make the house transplant-ready
for Stephi's isolation. We are all excited about
being together again. Our brother, David,
will come later during the summer when we
are in a different phase of treatment or
if the transplant has to be repeated.
Stephi's husband's condition is stable. He
will undergo carotid artery surgery on
Thursday morning. Stephi is having to get
information by phone because visiting
the hospital is too much for her right now,
but it seems he may have had a TIA. This
is third or fourth hand information from me
so all could change. I will report this as well
as I can.
Stephi is calm even though she is very concerned
for him. All is proceeding to move forward in
her own fight for survival. Since infection is such
a deadly risk for Stephi, I am going to try to give
her comfort about Ken today with guided imagery.
My sponsor, who is a psychotherapist, suggested
that we talk about when she first met Ken, how
they met, when she knew she was in love, and
their long courtship before they married, the
wedding itself. I have heard it all before but In
the telling is a reliving, and a life far removed
from her cancer and the problems going on in
in Ken's current health. I think it will help her
strength to think of him as he was, and as she was.
I like guided imagery; it sometimes helps us soar
through the tempering fires of our fears, reach
deep into our spirit, and find the courage that is
there. I hope this will give Stephi some peace.
Love,
Sib


1 comment:
Please tell Stephanie we are all praying for her return to health. Love the picture of all of us - we also have one with the babies switched. Wonder why our Mom's wanted the other baby?
Love you all...Nancy Strickland and Family
Post a Comment