Hi Everyone, This is Sibyl,
Stephi has been keeping the pain at bay but the
oral chemo zaps her energy. Ken is very restless;
I think he misses her company when she sleeps
so much. I hope this stuff is doing what it is
supposed to be doing in strengthening her bones
so she can withstand the transplant.
Steph has a membership to the Longview College
(where she taught for over twenty years)Fitness
Center and Pool. She called the Director
yesterday to ask if she can transfer that to me
temporarily so I can swim and work out in the
morning. I do miss that part of my normal routine.
It keeps me from kinking up and helps to keep
my mood even. He should be back to us today.
I hope we can find a picture today of Stephi
with her grandson, Hayden. He is the only
one of her five grandchildren who does not
appear on the blog. Stephi has a lot of important
people in her life; I do not want to leave
anyone out, especially someone as important as
a grandson..
Starting this week, Victoria is helping me to
assemble and setup a decontamination area
in the garage. We want to get she, Ken and me
used to the drill before the home isolation. It takes
six to eight weeks to form a habit, so we are
right on the cusp. I have already been wearing surgical
gloves all the time when I go out to shop or attend my
AA meetings. I dispose of them as soon as I pull into the
garage and wipe down the steering wheel and various
gear shifts, wiper and light dohickeys with disinfectant
wipes. Flu is my concern now. Every bloody thing is
going to be my concern soon. During Home Isolation, Stephi
and I will be the only two people in the house all
the time. Victoria will bring Ken in several afternoons
a week just to help him with any disorientation
that may be happening. He will have to stay
downstairs and not touch Stephi though she will
talk with and see him (He is legally blind with
Macular degeneration but can still see some).
While she is in the Hospital Isolation, KU Canter
Center is going to recommend medical cleaners
who can come in and make this home ready to
receive her. We have to get the psychotic cat to
the kennel before we get the cleaners in. Stephi
reminded me that this is not her first bout with
the medical isolation thing. Back in the early 1970's,
she contracted Rocky Mountain Fever (encephalitis)
and that was a really big deal and major pain in
the touchas to get her well again.
On Thursday, both Stephi and I are excited about
the arrival of my daughter, Phaedra, for the Easter
weekend. Phaedra is an executive at Mars Corporation.
She has a number of Uncle Ben's Rice processing plants
in the Midwest, so she is routing herself through
Kansas City as often as she can to see her Aunt Steph.
I have not seen her since Christmas, so this is a treat
for me as well.
Last night, we got a member of the Geek Squad
to come to the house and fix both of Stephi's
computers and get the printer working for both.
The new laptop was really a problem and one we
wanted resolved before the transplant isolation.
For the last couple of months, Stephi has not been
going on the computer much except to check her
email (she reads but does not always respond),
check out this blog (she likes to scroll
through the pictures before and after she reads it)
and to forward some of the inspiring messages
and prayers you have sent. Please keep writing
and calling. She treasures your correspondence
and calls. The fatigue pulls her down before she
can reciprocate. We are so grateful for your loving
concern.
Love,
Sib


1 comment:
Here was my devotional prayer for today:
Praise God For Trouble
For the beautiful blessings of life that
Come masquerading as troubles,
I thank you,
Lord. I know that trouble is not always
Misfortune. It is often your wise way of:
Protecting me from an unknown hazard
on the road ahead;
Sheltering me from a sin which,
unknown
to melurks furtively in my path waiting
to trick me up or trip me.
Thank you for the friendly troubles that help me clean up collected
Clutterthat I have valued too
highly and did not have the courage
to discard;
For troubles that force me to move out
of my life an unworthy friend
whom I am
unable to help and who is not a good
influence in my life;
For troubles that make me furious enough to fight for a good cause that I
foolishly thought I was too busy to serve;
For troubles that frustrate me until I
quit my job that too long has been hiding my true talents;
For troubles that force me to discover
new skills and abilities that were lying
deep within me, undiscovered, undeveloped, and undetected,
like veins of gold beneath
a cabbage field;
For troubles that cause me to bury the hatchet and speak once again to an estranged friend;
For troubles that make me forget myself and start thinking of others who need me desperately;
For troubles that turn my greed into generousity, my hardness into compassion, my thoughtless ness into consideration, my cynicism into childlike faith.
Thank you for the troubles that really are blessings in disguise!
Amen
sib
Post a Comment