Monday, March 31, 2008

Mostly a Good Day

Hi Everyone, This is Sibyl,

Stephi is feeling pretty well today, though she is
tired and is taking a nap. She is very happy Ken
is feeling better. His Daughter, Renee and Stephi's
helper ,Victoria, are moving Ken to a Rehabilitation
hospital nearer to the Kansas state line..closer to
both his daughters (and even though she cannot visit,
closer to Stephi's Transplant Center. I hope that will
make visiting easier on everyone in the family.)
Once I have the info, I will give an address where people
can send cards, visit or just pray for Ken. He really
does sound well, today; Just needs some adjustment to
the weakness in the right side. The surgery has helped
him tremendously.

It continues to be mixed good things/bad things here though.
This morning Renee's beloved Golden Retriever died. I think
he has been a part of her family's life since before Grady and
Jenna were born. I had two Goldens; Losing them was losing
part of of the family. I am so sorry. There is so much happening,
you can hardly catch your breath.

Denise is flying home to Richmond right now. Our brother, David,
will be here tomorrow afternoon.

Love,
Sib

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Old friend checking in: Stephi this is Dave Howells. In case you forgot - old Fort Cherry classmate Class of 1966. Actually you were the "class of '66"! I have been following your journey for the past few months. A note to Sib - Wow! you postings are heart felt and I feel as though I am talking directly to you both. Not sure you recieved my get well card of several weeks ago - but if not know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your husband daily. I see where Charlene may be making out to see you this weekend - I hope she does and brings you cheer. Your courage is more than the average bear - of course all who know you, know you are anything but average! Please reach our to me if I can anything to help from afar. My email is dhowells@csc.com and cell phone number is 513 607 9561. Sincerely, Dave