Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 11 New Post

Hi Everyone, This is Sibyl,

Stephi just called , in tears. The Hospital
is making her leave tomorrow. Neither of
us feels she is ready but I will make it as
ready as I can. I do not like KU Med much
today. And, my brother in law is fit to be
tied angry about her release this early.
I have so much to do, I do not plan on
another blog until July 4. Oh, and just
to add another tough one to the mix,
Stephi's hair is tearing off in clumps today.
but, I keep telling her, she will still be beautiful
and will start a trend. She also has three new wigs.

Brenda: You and your boys Bret and Chad
are angels. Thank you for washing and sanitizing
the Lexus so Stephi can breathe easier on the
way home tomorrow.

Gina: What a fantastic job of "sterilization" you
did in the Master Bedroom and bath. Thank you
for coming on such short notice.

Mary, my Bosom Buddy Cousin: You are always
there with morale support (and moral support,
when I've misbehaved and caved) Love you, Babe.

Now, I will be putting together menus for the
next two weeks. I have to go home to Maine
on July 11 (If I cannot find a nurse for a night
and two days, I may have to postpone my trip
IF I CAN until Denise gets here on July 12).
I am turning 62 on July 8 (Steph will be 60 on
July 5) and I must get a new Maine
drivers license, file my 2007 income taxes and
help host the Maine Writers and Publishers Alliance
Garden Party Fundraiser at Don McLean's home
in Camden, Maine. It will be a jam packed week.
My daughter, Phaedra, is coming in from
Los Angeles to both come to the party and then to
go down to Boston Brookline for her Twentieth
High School reunion. Lord, does that make me feel
long in the tooth.

I hope everyone has a good long Holiday weekend,
The fourth was always Steph's and my favorite holiday
because, narcissists that we were, we thought everyone
was celebrating our birthdays.

Love,
Sib

No comments: