Hi Everyone, This is Sibyl,
I took Stephi back to the Cancer Center
yesterday and her blood levels continue
to improve. Her fatigue remains in the
extreme category. She had to have
another IV yesterday. I have to take her
again tomorrow morning and we are
planning another IV at that time.
She seems to have to visit the Cancer
Center on a scheduled basis three times
a week. And, then there are those
heartstopping, speedy unplanned trips.
Baby Steps, Baby Steps. Until she is stable
and we are more than 30 Days out ,
I am having Health Care Aides here for
several hours every day even weekends.
On Tuesday, I received a giant assist from
Stephi's friend Cindy Herbert, a coworker
teacher from Longview College. Cindy
came and stayed with Steph during the late
morning and lunch hour so I could meet
with my client. She also put Stephi through
her rigorous breathing exercises.
Pneumonia is something we want no part of.
Thank you so much, Cindy.
I am flying home to Maine to do my taxes,
personal medical, drivers license, FA meetings,
Don McLean Party, yada, yada for a whirlwind
6-7 days on Saturday. Our youngest sister,
Denise,from Richmond, VA will cover the
caregiving during my absence. To help on
the weekend, I have an experienced Aide,
Jennifer, coming to help get Nese acclimated.
Stephi has been delighted by all the cards and
letters she has received. Hey Mike Lynch, Put
your beautiful voice on the phone any afternoon
or evening..of course, Stephi would love to hear
from you. I am still being a total dictator about
taking the phone off the hook during the
morning so Stephi can get quality rest. Until the
Transplant, I did not enforce this..AND REALLY
SHOULD HAVE, but I am doing it now. She will
not get well otherwise. I am telling Denise to do
the same. Blame it on me.
Stephi has lost 14 pounds since July 3.
She has little appetite but I keep trying
new ways to keep nutrition going into her.
Right now, milkshakes with Carnation
Instant Breakfast is popular. The chemo
Sores in her throat, stomach and intestines
still are causing havoc. (This stuff reminds
me of the Metrical I used to drink for
pageant preparations..Yuk!) Her other
favorites are chicken noodle soup with
Ritz crackers, Colby cheese with Ritz and
Scramble eggs. Not exactly what I want to eat.
Love,
Sib


No comments:
Post a Comment