Hi Everyone, This is Sibyl,
Stephi has been very weak but
her blood counts are steadily
improving. The doctor has told us
her recovery will take between
three and six months. This is not
a quick fix. It will still be months
before we know if she is in remission.
Stephi is talking about selling the house
in the beginning of next year and having
an estate sale on the furniture. This is all
perfectly fine if that is what she wants and
Denise can help her with that. However, for
right now, she has to muster all her strength
to recover.
I have some personal thoughts today on
the comment for any of my friends.
Love,
Sib


6 comments:
Today is my 62 Birthday, the "you would be eligible for early Social Security if you did not feel like you are 35, but since you do, keep working" birthday.
Because of my caregiving
responsibilities, the rest of my life is on hold. I had plans before this all started. I still have changes I want to make in my career, my home, my love life, and my sailing education (buying a ketch!?), but what I want has to wait.
Well, maybe not everything. I may not be able to make all the changes I want to make, but I can do a little to move forward with my plans. It's true, most of my time and energy is devoted to caring for Stephi, but nothing says I cannot let my mind wander toward my goals when I am cruising along the freeway or waiting for some medical provider. I can take a tiny step of some kind in the right direction every day, or at least every week. I can make phone calls, jot down ideas, or visit a place or person I want to check out. Today, a potential client is taking me to a birthday lunch. Inching forward on a regular basis keeps my dreams alive...yes, I still have lots of dreams, at 62...and that gives me hope. I will not tackle any more than is reasonable in light of Stephi's current health, but I do what I can. You see, I have this wonderful, vibrant life I can return to when the time is right. Happy Birthday to Me!
Always the Optimist,
Sib
From our cousins who live in courcelles, Belgium:
Dear Sibyl,
We follow regularly how you care and help Stephi and her struggle for life through your blog. We wish that all your efforts will have successful results.
That is the best we can wish for you both on your birthday.
Last week from Montreal where we visit Olivier, we sent a card to Stephi at the hospital with the address I found on your blog.
We hope she has received or will receive it even at home.
Tomorrow, we leave for 2 days in Vermont to visit Jenny Thresher (88 y) in Braintree. I will try to call Meredith.
All our love to you, and keep good mood.
Danielle and Guy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vous voulez vous faire connaître... Créez gratuitement votre espace sur le web. Windows Live Spaces = Actions Flag Clear flag Create a Filter Print Message Show Message Status View Message Source --------- Move to: IMs Spam Recently Deleted Saved Mail Stephi and Denise Stephi and KenG...
Standard VersionTerms of ServicePrivacy PolicyTrademarksShortcuts
© 2008 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved
Hi Sib, This is Mike Lynch, Steph's roommate and soulmate at Virginia Tech. I'll never forget standing on the steps of an emergency room when I received the call from Steph when she was diagnosed. I spoke to her a couple of times shortly thereafter and since have not missed one line of your blog....but have not made contact by phone or email. I wish I could take you both in my arms and make it all go away....seems simplistic but heartfelt...please don't take offense.
Would it be appropriate to call Steph? Mike
First of all, happy birthday, Sib. I hope that you had a decadent lunch.
For once, both of you are moving in the same direction and at a wise pace. It is good to hear that Stephanie's body is responding positively. And it is good to read that Sibyl is taking good care of herself as well. Please, don't dream and drive.
May both of your dreams come true.
Love, Mary
Happy Birthday, Sibyl.
I left a message on Stephi's phone. I tried to get the local florist to stake a huge balloon bouquet in the yard, but they refused.
Hang on to the dreams. We will party when the time is right. In the meantime, I celebrate your life, your loving commitment and our long friendship.
Thinking of you all day with love.
Trish
Happy Birthday, Sibyl!!!! The 28th annual celebration of your 35th birthday. And many happy returns!!!!
You and Stephi are in my prayers.
David . . . (from Chemistry)
P. S.: I'm moving to Florida--Naples--next week.
Post a Comment