Hi everyone, this is Sibyl,
In honor of Independence day, we had a
'Paul Revere' drive to the hospital last night.
Stephi began having breathing problems at
around 10, so we spent the next few hours
at the BMT unit. After a dozen or so tests
and an IV, we were allowed to come home.
Thankfully, Steph was able to sleep a bit
last night. She is having wildly weird dreams
and keeps referring to herself as "Chemo-brain".
Keeping her hydrated is a difficult chore. The
sores in her throat, stomach and intestines
are making her miserable. Nausea comes in waves.
She thinks she wants to eat something in particular,
I fix it, she smells it and that's all she wrote. Plate
barely touched. The sulfur smell in the air last
night from all the fireworks had her wretching.
Her sense of smell has been magnified to the
tenth power. And, oh Joy, she has to start
having Human Growth Hormone shots on
Tuesday. I am going to see if Orbitz can change my
flight to Saturday so I leave when Denise comes.
After last night, I am not leaving Stephi in the
care of a stranger, or dependent on calls to people
"on Call".
Stephi turned 60 on the 4th floor of KU Medical
Center. Her blood counts are increasing but
still very low.
Love,
Sib


No comments:
Post a Comment